Pools age, but not so gracefully. Tiles chip and fade, plaster degrades, equipment fails and decking shows wear and tear. The structure of well-built swimming pool might hold up for decades, but it’s unlikely that you’ll go that long without significant updates. Sooner or later, every pool needs some major work done, whether for practical reasons or purely cosmetic ones.
Here are a few of the most common reasons to consider renovating:
- Pool materials (liner, decking, etc.) are worn down and need to be replaced
- Older systems (pump, filter, plumbing) need an overhaul to be brought up to current standards
- The design no longer meets the needs of the current owners, either because they bought the home with the pool already installed or their circumstances have changed
- The old pool has simply gotten boring and needs new features to liven things up
At Gold Coast Pools and Spa we are able to perform equipment upgrades as needed on all types of in-ground swimming pools. Pool renovations come in a lot of different forms.
Here’s a list of some of the most common things we do:
- Deck resurfacing
- Coping replacement
- Plaster resurfacing
- Addition of an automatic safety pool cover
- Addition of water features such as a waterfall, bubblers, scuppers, etc.
- Addition or removal of a diving board or water slide
- Installation of an attached spa
- Change of pool depth (for example, making it more shallow and better for lap swimming)
- Conversion to salt water system
- Addition of miscellaneous features such as tanning ledges or swim-up bars
We can help!
We want to help you to make an informed decision about your equipment upgrades. We’ll be glad to provide you with information on what we recommend along with a free base quote over the phone for standard installation on many pool equipment items.